Services_Technorati version 2

In an effort to tidy up various older projects that were never quite completed, I’ve turned my attention to my first PEAR module Services_Technorati. It’s a very simple wrapper around the Technorati API, but the PHP4 version never reached a stable release as it depended on some other packages which were also never stabilised.

So it seemed time to make the simple step of converting the code to be PHP5-only and use simplexml for their XML parsing. That removes the dependencies which were slowing me down, and should result in improved speed along the way as the XML parsing is now handled in C rather than PHP. I just released 2.0.0alpha1, but the code should be pretty stable and I’m hoping to run through the steps and get a stable release out very soon.

Update (27th Feb): I’ve just pulled this release and re-released it as 0.7.0. Apparently because the package never release 1.0 in its original version, I should just continue with the previous version numbers despite the change to PHP5.

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments

  1. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

  2. Thanks Ryan. I’d been meaning to email you, but ended up releasing it in a rush.

    The best thing you could do to help would be to see if there are any more tests we should be covering. The tests so far aren’t really ‘edge cases’